Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Correcting Course

It has been about three months that I have been off course. It seems amazing- how could this happen, knowing what I know? I have not been preparing foods that support my perfect blood sugars and my raw journey.

Lessons learned:

1. Things may fall apart during times of transition and stress. (Nilsu had to go back to school. It was a major shift around here.)

2. The issue is not what I am eating- but what I am preparing. If I get up and make cooked oatmeal for the kids- I eat cooked oatmeal. If I make baked oatmeal cookies- I eat baked oatmeal cookies. If I have fresh blueberries around, and a salad ready for dressing waiting in the fridge- I will eat blueberries and salad.

3. I still have this issue- mostly in my head- that raw "costs too much." And, "takes too much time."


So- we begin again....

I have been reading Philip McClusky's blog http://www.lovingraw.com/, and it so inspiring and beautiful.

He was recently in San Luis Obispo- a place I've spent plenty of time- and I can't believe his adventures there: "Brandie owns Smiling Dog Café, and works there along with AmyRuth. Smiling Dog Café is a branch off of Smiling Dog Yoga Studio, and did I mention it’s raw!" I am really happy for him, curious about the raw food scene in SLO. I can't wait to go there!

So- again- we begin again.

I so desperately need some time to myself. From 6:30 am - 8:30 pm I am on mommy-mode, and then I watch a little television or read. I so desperately need an hour alone. I can't remember the last time I had an hour alone. Well- at least I have a party to go to this weekend, and a date with my husband coming up. But- that's not exactly time alone.