Thursday, April 9, 2009

Tree of Life

I only have a minute to write this...

I recently saw the film Raw for Thirty. Several diabetics went to the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center and did raw for a month and reversed their diabetes.

I just re-read my posts regarding the diabetes diet offered by Richard Berenstein M.D.. I still LOVE Dr. Berenstein for letting people know they can have perfect blood sugars and that what the American Diabetes Association is pushing is complete garbage (if you don't want to burn out your pancreatic cells and you want to heal.)

But- after reading Rainbow Green Living Cuisine by Cousins M.D., I have a much better understanding of how raw food really makes a difference. I understand the importance of living enzymes to heal the body.

Unfortunately for me a whole food diet that uses a lot of grain or fruit also elevates my blood sugars. The key is to peice something together that works. It can be as simple as - more salads! That works.

Rainbow Green Living Cuisine gives a much better explanation of the Raw diet for diabetics than the Diabetes Cure by Cousins does. Now, I have to figure out how to make it habit, make it automatic, make it easy, make it affordable. And, I'd like to help others do the same.